- The Coconino Panthers girls varsity basketball team is coming off being 12-1 at home last year, boasting one of the best home records in the division. With more than half of the team consisting of underclassmen, I wonder how the inexperience will affect the homecourt advantage they will have.
- Marissa Copley, a junior guard, is the team’s leading scorer from last year, finishing with a 13.2 point per game average. However, she is coming off a hand injury she suffered during the offseason and I wonder if it will show in her game.
- Jalissa Ingram, sophomore center, has big shoes to fill, with former rebounds leader Riley Hannemann leaving the team. Averaging a whopping 7.5 rebounds a game, Ingram looks to help replace her presence coming off averaging 6 rebounds a game.
- Coming off a 9-13-1 season, the Prescott Badgers are losing six seniors from last year’s varsity team. I wonder how this team will look in the first game with a younger group of players.
- On a positive note for the Badgers, they actually had a better record on the road at 5-6-1 than they did at home at 4-7. Something about these numbers tells me this will not be the case this season, but if you are looking for an upset, here is some food for your ego.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.